There was only one type of soup I liked and that was Baked Potato Soup (because it's fattening and delicious). I realized that the reason I liked it was because it was hearty and thick. I started to wonder what other types of soups I could whip up that I would enjoy...and was also healthy enough for my mom and sister.
I've gotten into the habit of cooking dinner for my family on Sundays since I'm home alone and both my mom and sister work.
I was searching Pinterest high & low for a soup recipe that seemed suitable for November weather and finally decided on this Chicken and Dumpling recipe. I followed it pretty closely, if not exact.
The major plus side of this recipe? It's made for the Crockpot. That's usually what I stick to on Sunday afternoons because even though the prep is a little much, I can just sit back and let the meal cook without worrying about it.
Spoiler alert: this soup was DELICIOUS and I need to make it again ASAP.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
- 14.5 oz of Chicken broth
- 4 Grands Flaky Refrigerator biscuits
- Put chicken in crock pot and top with butter
- Add Cream of Chicken soup & chicken broth
- Cover, cook on high for 4-5 hours OR low for 8-9 hours
- Chicken will begin to soften as it cooks, after about 3-4 hours, shred the chicken with a fork while still in the crock pot
- Cut up the biscuits into 9 pieces, place in soup after initial cooking time
- Cook on high for another hour
- Serve warm and eat the deliciousness!
It was super simple to make and we had lots of leftovers-- I need to make this again ASAP!
What is your favorite Sunday night recipe?