I always feel like winter is the time when you really pay attention to your skin; dry, cold air always makes people pack on the layers of moisturizers and face masks, and I almost feel like there's something truly glamorous about winter skin care.
My favorite beauty articles & blogs to read are always about transitioning from season to season. I love seeing how people switch up their routines to meet the weather conditions; I also love getting ideas of what is on trend & what I should be using.
I've done multiple skincare routine posts in the past, including my most recent post from September. Today, I want to strictly talk about the must haves for dry skin.
I don't use these products every single day, but they are my dry skin saviors.
For the record, I have normal to dry skin. In the past, it's been drier than normal but right now it's around normal to dry. I can feel when my skin is going through a dry patch and needs the extra hydration.
For reference, I use almost all of these items exclusively at night. I usually am too lazy/forget to moisturize during the day and when I do, I need something a little more lightweight. This moisturizer is still my go-to for daytime.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: I've been talking about this for two years and it's still my ride or die moisturizer. My mom started using it on her face and she loves it; I've exclusively been using it for my body, unless my skin is in freak out mode & I need some heavy duty stuff. If you haven't used this yet, please try it. You will not regret it.
- Laura Mercier Nourishing Rose Oil: I was in search of a great oil to use and then I found this. I read some Sephora reviews and was sold. I have not looked back because it's an incredible product. It's a very luxurious product that comes in a gorgeous glass bottle & I feel super chic when I use it, but what's inside is what matters. It's a thin oil that packs a punch and really sinks into your skin. It's not greasy and makes your skin feel hydrated and really nice. I will for sure be repurchasing this every chance I get.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil: This product has won every award possible in the beauty industry, and really has been a game changer over the past few years. To me, I think it put oils on the map and disrupted the beauty industry. However, I have not used it until this summer and it is really good. I don't use it too much, mostly because I really love my Laura Mercier oil, but it is a heavy duty oil that gets the job done. I like to use it with the next product I'm going to talk about it, and I got them together in a QVC kit.
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Intensive Hydrating Milk: I'm kind of grossed out by beauty items with the word "milk" in the title but I'm also kind of not. This definitely takes the cake as the latter-- I am obsessed with this product and almost done with it. It's a mixture between a lotion, oil & serum, and feels really nice on the skin. My face always feels smooth & refreshed the next day, and it sinks into the skin really nicely. If my skin is acting up, I usually put this on first & finish it off with the Argan Oil. They work really great together.
- Estee Edit Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack: The moment I saw this product, I wanted to try it but it has a pretty price tag. I bought this Estee Edit kit and a mini size came in it and I'm in love. On days that I'm a little lazy and my skin doesn't feel as if I need an oil, this is my go-to. It's my must have nighttime moisturizer because it's light weight, gives a cooling effect, and absorbs right into the skin.
As you can see, the pattern here is non greasy products that absorb quickly & leave my skin hydrated and refreshed.
Speaking of refreshed, I have two new holy grail mists. One of them I just purchased because it was on sale at Sephora & currently sold out, but you can still find it here at Ulta. The First Aid Beauty Vitamin Hydrating Mist gives the most fine mist & the most cooling effect ever. It feels so nice in the morning & right before you apply your makeup. It's a new favorite, for sure.
The last item on my list is the Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist (that is a mouthful name); I bought a travel size of this in the summer and it is incredible. It smells really awesome, and also gives a very fine mist. I like to use this almost like a toner after I wash my face and before I apply my skincare at night, and I think it works great.
Below are some other favorite picks for my dry skin savers:
What are your dry skin (or oily skin) savers?