Without good skincare products, what is the point of your almost $40 Becca highlighter?
Nothing... that's what!
I was never good about sticking to a select few products because I always love to try a thousand things at once. Therefore, I never had holy grail items; also, I feel like my skin changes a lot so I constantly need to cater to those changes.
I have my skin issues, definitely; the main one being dryness around my eye and on my eyelid. Nothing worked to help out with that so I have a prescription steroid cream.
Other than that, my skin is usually dry, I don't break out a lot, but I do have some texture on my cheeks. I feel like these products and ways of cleansing really help me keep my skin clear and in control.
(Here's my skincare routine from last fall and from the spring. You can see how it's changed a lot!)
- Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil: I purchased this last Christmas and have a little more than half of the bottle left. I don't use this every night, but when I'm wearing a full, caked on face of makeup or I feel like my skin needs an extra step of cleansing, I'll use this. It's a cleansing oil so it breaks down all your makeup before cleansing; just apply a few pumps to dry skin, rub in, and rinse clean. My skin feels awesome afterwards.
- Makeup Eraser: If I don't use the cleansing oil, this is my go to. Ever since purchasing this a few months ago, I haven't used makeup wipes to remove any makeup. This cloth is specially made to remove makeup in one quick swipe and using only water. How does it do that? I have no idea but it works! Just run it under water, wipe your face, and it's completely gone. It's seriously like magic.
- Eye Makeup Removers: It's very rare I need another remover for my eyes but if I do, it's these two. The Clinique Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover Stick is such an interesting product, I knew I needed it in my life. It's a balm that you rub on your finger, and apply to your eye and all the eye makeup literally disappears. The Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil is a cleansing oil for your mascara. I'll use this when I have on a waterproof mascara or just have the extra moments to remove mascara properly. It really does make all the difference in how the rest of my makeup comes off -- no raccoon eyes here!
- Tarte Frixxxtion Stick: This has been my go-to lately, and I won't go too much into it because there is an entire Beauty in Review post dedicated to this lovely little product here.
- Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub: If I need a little more exfoliation, I'll grab this. I received it for free when I was at the Ulta Conference for work back in April, and I just like how it makes my skin feel. It is an exfoliator but at the same time, it has a gel consistency so it's not harsh at all. It deep cleans my pores and gets all the gunk out. My skin is super clean and fresh afterwards; it's also doesn't irritate my sensitive, dry skin which is always a plus.
- Fresh Rose Floral Toner: Toner is not something I remember but when I do, I grab this. It's also the only toner I have at the moment, but I have tried a few in the past and I really just love this one. It's very gentle, has a great rose scent, and gets all the excess dirt off my face. My skin feels fresh afterwards, and it doesn't sting at all (like some other toners I've tried).
I don't use treatments very often but if I do, they're usually a variety. Whether it's a face mask, a blemish spot treatment, or an extra boost of toning and detoxing, I'll do it right after toner and before my serums and moisturizers. Below are my favorites:
Serums and Moisturizer:
- Josie Maran Hydrating Milk: This has been giving me and my skin life lately. I purchased a Josie Maran Today's Special Value kit from QVC and this was included in it. It has a milky consistency but applies like a smooth serum, but is not as greasy as one would think a serum would be. It has intense hydrating properties and just feels incredible on the skin. I know once the winter comes, this will be even more handy.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil: Another product that came in the kit, and one that I've been wanting to try for a while. Argan oil can be used anywhere and everywhere, but so far I've been using it in conjunction with my Hydrating Milk. I guess this is more like a moisturizer for me because I don't apply a moisturizer afterwards.
For the past few weeks, I haven't used a separate moisturizer because I feel like the Josie Maran products are more than enough hydration for me, especially because I'm using them together. When I do use a moisturizer, it's one of the below:
- Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream: I've had an obsession with eye creams over the years but this one is the one I've currently been using. It's probably not my favorite ever (that would be the Tarte one, so far). It, as you can assume, has a gel consistency and you need the smallest amount for under your eyes. It definitely hydrates but I don't think it does much else to help the under-eye area.
- Glossier Balm Dot Com: I haven't used another lip product at night for months. This is the best lip balm to use at night (or during the day); it's super heavy because it's a skin salve, but not heavy in a bad way at all! It hydrates my lips, and in the morning, I still have a bit of residue but my lips are fresh as a daisy. I will never be without this product (I have like 3 tubes lying around!)
What you just read is my nighttime routine, I probably should've said that first. My AM routine is SUPER easy... so easy it doesn't even deserve it's own post. You can take a look at the products below:
What does your skincare routine look like?