I just really prefer September-January. Sorry not sorry.. I'm just a true winter type of gal and February signifies the end of winter and Spring is around the corner. UGH.
Anyways, January went kind of slow and kind of fast. That's been my conclusion of the past few months actually. Slow and fast at the same time, which I'm kind of ok with.
During the month of January, I tried so many new things. It was just something new everyday and I loved it, which is why I have quite a few favorites.
- PUR Cosmetics HydraFluid Water Serum Foundation: I won't get too into this because I ranted and raved about it in a review last week. It's an amazing foundation and the only one I've been reaching for all month. Great coverage, hydrating, and leaves my skin smooth and flawless. That's pretty much everything I look for in a foundation. It's my #1 right now
- First Aid Beauty Lip Treatment Balm: I've been on the hunt for a new lip balm that actually works. My lips are dry, cracked, chapped, and itchy-- really attractive, I know. I just needed and wanted something that worked and this bad boy has been that for me. I have a lip balm post coming because I've found a few that work great but this one takes the cake. It's minty yet hydrating, and thick but not too thick. I really have been enjoying it and it's helped a lot!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer: Concealers are my vice and this satisfied it this month. I was in the market for a new concealer and I just had to have this one. It's been raved about since it came out and all my favorite beauty bloggers adore it, so I knew I had to try it. It's very lightweight but full coverage so it covers all the darkness under my eyes. It blends out beautifully and it has a flat, wand applicator which is awesome. I wear the shade "Light Neutral" and I honestly can't get enough.
- HK Girl Topcoat: I raved about this top coat in a recent Manicure Monday but my love for it has just grown and grown. It's thick and it has a chemically smell but my goodness it works like a dream. My nail polish stays on for days and days without chips and stays very shiny. I used my Essie Gel Setter top coat one day this month and it chipped within a day. I immediately went back to this one and the difference is spectacular. I LOVE this top coat!
- Rebecca Minkoff Medium M.A.B Tote: If concealers are my vice, handbags are my true high. I have a lot of handbags but I just always want more. A good handbag is everything to me and this month, I caught the bug. I always feel like I carry more things with me during the winter and my Kate Spade Cedar Street Hayden felt too small and I wanted/needed a new bag. I didn't want another Kate Spade because I wanted to try something different and then I remembered how much I lusted after Rebecca Minkoff. This gorgeous bag was on sale and Rebecca Minkoff was having an extra 25% off. I bought it immediately and haven't looked back. I get so many compliments on a daily basis and the bag is a lot bigger than it looks. I just love it so much and I'm so happy that I bought it.
- Henri Bendel Planner & Phone Case: I posted a photo of this in a recent post and raved about how much I loved the brand. These two items have not left my side. I usually change my phone cases a few times a month but I couldn't depart with this adorable one. I also already have a Lilly Pulitzer planner that I use on a daily basis and didn't think I'd get much use out of this baby, mini planner but boy was I wrong! It's perfect for throwing in my purse and just jotting down random things. I love it!
Favorites on favorites on favorites! Shop more of my monthly favorites below :)
What did you love this month?