I asked one of my co-workers the other day "Is this how life is now? Time just flies?" And their response was a resounding "Welcome to the real world"-- great, that's just great.
In just a few weeks, summer is over and then fall comes along and this cycle continues. I really am surprised at how time is passing, it's going too fast. I feel like I don't even have enough time to do everything I want or need to do. I mean, in less than 6 months I'll be 23 years old. It feels like just yesterday I was going to high school.
How and why does this happen?! It's starting to make my think and rethink life choices and decisions.
I've come to realize, with time moving so fast, that you have do everything to live a life you want, a life that makes you happy. Nothing else really matters, as long as you're content with everything you're doing. This is something I'm working on, something that has come up recently.
Anyways, I'll stop rambling on philosophical notions of time and life and get into my favorites. I've been trying so many new products and things this month, and I have a few things that have really made an impact on me.
1. Colourpop: I haven't used any other eyeshadows since I got these. I am addicted and obsessed in so many ways. I placed another order that will be up on the blog within the next few weeks and I want more. They're easy to use, one swipe and instant eye-shadow look. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I don't feel like putting on a lot of make-up (and especially early in the morning before work). Eye-shadow is my least favorite make-up item to apply because it takes so much time and it's hard, for me at least, to get it to look good. These cream, mousse like eye-shadows are so easy to use, and make your make-up look appear pulled together. If you haven't checked them out, you really need too.
2. Smith & Cult: Another beauty brand I've been loving. After posting this Manicure Monday, I knew I needed another one ASAP. It's one of my best nail polish formulas I've ever tried. It's expensive at $18 a bottle but with Birchbox points, you can get them for cheaper. They're smooth, opaque, and incredibly shiny--they give a gel like effect to your polish. I have another Manicure Monday coming up with my new polish "She Said Yeah".
3. Rumba Watch: The watch that I got as my Birchbox Plus item in my June box has not left my wrist. It's the perfect size for everyday wear, I almost forget that I'm wearing it. It adds a bit of flair to any outfit and I love it. I've been looking for an everyday, yet dressy and slim watch and this is it.
4. Kimonos: I don't love clothes as much as I love beauty or accessories, but I have been trying to invest in more clothes so I have more options for a 5-day work week. The summer is especially hard for me to shop for because I like to be comfortable and the heat makes that so difficult. In comes Kimonos. This is a trend that I have missed out on the last two summers but finally got on board. I have three that I keep in rotation, and wear with colored pants. I'm obsessed. They're so comfortable but dressy, and aren't heavy in the slightest. They keep me cool and are perfect for work, if you have a more casual corporate office. Give me all the kimonos, please. Here are a few that I'm looking at for the future: One Two Three Four
5. Elite Daily: I've been obsessing over the site because it's constantly inspiring me and opening my eyes to new things, and new feelings. It's inspiring me to write more and figure out what I really want out of my life. Some of those writers are really incredible, it's so admirable. Snaps to Elite Daily for killing the game lately!
There weren't too many beauty "products" this month because I've been loving so many different things, and trying so many new things, I can't pick just one! Keep an eye out for your daily dose of beauty coming up in the next few weeks. I have a lot of reviews + hauls coming up!
How was your month of June? What were your favorites?
Shop my favorites below: