I'm sure most of you are really sick of seeing these resolution posts but I really wanted to post mine because I felt like I needed too, for myself.
2014 was the most amazing year that my expectations for 2015 are less than stellar. I think my hopes for 2015 are low because there's nothing on the horizon for me...for once, the year is completely unwritten, as is the rest of my entire life. Nothing is set in stone, nothing is guaranteed. It comes back to the entire unexpectedness that is the post graduate life.
For years, January would roll around and I knew I'd go back to school in a few days or weeks, and then the rest of the school year would roll around. I'd go to my new classes, take midterms, go to sorority formal, and end the year with finals.
Now, it's totally different. I don't know what's coming and that is so scary. I haven't been able to embrace that aspect of post graduate and I still feel like I'm floating in the middle of the ocean with no life saver around...dramatic I know but it's how I feel.
2015, I'm going to do my best to embrace it all and be a better version of myself. I've dealt so much with anxiety (possible post on that eventually) and trying to find my own happiness this year. I don't want to depend on anyone else to make me happy or calm my anxiety...I want to be happy on my own. That is probably my biggest resolution...to stop worrying about everything, calm down, and be happy.
I also wanted to include the resolutions for my blog so let's get into it.
1. Stop overthinking
2. Try to find my own happiness
3. Be confident and enjoy myself more...be present in the moment
4. Save money and stop spending it on frivolous items
5. Write more freelance and contributor articles—write more OUTSIDE of the blog
6. Be a better friend/daughter/sister
7. Go out with my friends more, put myself out there, stop saying NO
(These are definitely not concentrate things that I want to accomplish or change...just mental and emotional things I need to learn to control. I have a special post coming later in the week that I've been building for a while that I'm super happy and pleased with that are ACTUAL goals)
2. Work with a major brand
3. Create more partnerships through brand affiliates and sidebar sponsors
4. Create an email newsletter (something you guys would be interested in?)
5. Host sponsorships for other bloggers
6. Hit 1,000 followers + viewership (daily)
7. Create a new weekly + monthly blog series
My words of 2015 are CALM, CONFIDENT, HAPPY.
Let's see if I could stick to everything.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2015?