Since I've been home and started working, my skin has been really weird. I never had breakouts, blackheads, or whiteheads, until now.
My skin has always remained perfect, with the exception of some stress/hormonal breakouts and my under eye circles. Now I have a large amount of whiteheads all along my chin and cheeks. It's gross.
It's been a problem for a few weeks now and nothing was helping. I switched up my skincare routine a few times and finally found something that is helping bring my skin back to life.
Before we get started, I must say that I was utterly confused on where to begin. I didn't understand the order of applying products nor did I know what products I should be using.
After a little research, I have my routine down pat and wanted to share it here.
In the morning, I keep it simple. I was with a gentle cleanser, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, apply my Clean and Clear Gel Moisturizer and Olay Total Effects Eye Awakening Cream.
A more intricate night skincare routine is hard to get used too. The Type-A in me, of course, wrote out my routine and followed it a few nights until I remembered exactly what had to be done and when.
Let's get into it, shall we?
Night Skincare Routine
1. Remove makeup: I remove my makeup with makeup wipes. I love this as opposed to greasy eye makeup remover pads or cold cream. It's much easier and doesn't take a lot of cleanup--I also feel that it gets more makeup off. For this, I love using CVS brand, Clean and Clear Night Relaxing Cleansing Wipes, or Simple Cleansing Wipes.
2. Cleanse/Exfoliate: Everyone says that you should exfoliate 2-3 times a week but I definitely don't follow that. I exfoliate my skin gently, every day, and then 3 times a week, I use a non gentle exfoliate. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and deep cleans your pores which is exactly what I need in my skincare routine.
My gentle exfoliate is my Sibu Beauty All Natural Balancing Facial Cleanser. It makes my skin soft and smooth.
The less gentle exfoliate isn't too harsh but I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I've been using this for years and it keeps my skin clear, smooth, and fresh. It also smells fantastic so I love it!
3. Tone: I don't tone my skin everyday but when I do, it gives an added freshness. For this I use Proactive Toner Treatment. It's what I have in the house and it does the job!
4. Treatments: It's important to put treatments on before any moisturizer or other night cream. This allows your skin to absorb the treatment and put it to work. The treatments I use are my Even Glow Serum by Valentina Skincare(Post on this later on), my Whish Correcting Gel, and the holy grail, the whole point of this post, Benzoyl Peroxide Gel.
As I stated previously, I had really bad whiteheads and small bumps all over my cheeks and chin. It was so bad my mom told me to go to the dermatologist but before I did that, I wanted to do my research and find a product that could work, because I knew there was something out there.
I've been using this cream for two weeks and my whiteheads/bumps are virtually all gone. I apply it once or twice a day(twice if I'm staying home sans makeup) and it's incredible. I have to say though, it dries our your skin dramatically. I don't have dry skin at all and my face has been sort of a mess but it's worth it to get rid of those annoying bumps!
5. Moisturizer: I haven't found a great night cream that I love yet so I haven't been moisturizing at night as much. When I do, I use Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer. (It's supposed to be for daytime so I don't use it too much).
6. EyeCream: I'm in desperate need of a new eye cream because my Estee Lauder one is long gone. I've been looking at Benefit's It's Potent and Shea Terra Organics Argan and Green Coffee Around Eye Serum. Anything to clear up my dark circles and puffiness in the morning is fine by me!
And that's it...that's my full skincare routine. It's hefty, it's a lot but it's helping clear up my skin and keep me looking young ;)
What is your skincare routine/holy grail products? Give me suggestions in the comments!