Having a good tote bag is super important to me because it's your lifeline when you're not at home. They have to be comfortable, big enough to hold everything, and have at least one inside compartment.
When I say comfortable I mean that they have to have a comfortable strap and not be heavy without things in them. A heavy bag only gets heavier so if you feel like a bag is too heavy empty or even with just a few lightweight things, it's not an ideal bag for going back and forth to work or class.
All of these are tote bags *expect for one* and the totes have one thing in common -- they have one large pocket and a smaller pocket on the side. I don't like too many compartments in my bag because I feel like it weighs the bag down and I make my own compartments with smaller bags inside.
I also think that when the bag is one big hole, it makes it easier to fit everything you need, without being too packed.
I've talked about these bags before but I wanted you all to have them in one place, and they all have my stamp of approval for college, high school, and work bags!
Let's get into it!
1. Tory Burch Perry Tote: This was a much lusted after item for me and when I bought it, I was so excited I almost cried. This is such an amazing tote bag and so versatile. It can be used as a tote for work/school, a carry on bag, or even a super large everyday bag if you're into that. I got it in black leather and it's super slouchy which allows the bag to form a shape around your items. It's probably one of my top bags in my collection overall!
2. Tory Burch Gemini Link Tote: Tory Burch has fabulous totes and I'm obsessed. This is a newer one in my collection but it's so good. It's more structured than the Perry Tote and keeps it's shape even when it's empty. I like that feature depending on my mood, because it's easier to get things in and out of. The price point on this is also super sweet!
3. Henri Bendel Jetsetter Convertible Backpack: I didn't know I could love a backpack as much as I love this one. Henri Bendel has quickly become a brand after my own heart, and this backpack is their signature bag. Backpacks are definitely "in" right now and this is a great piece to have in your collection. It's bigger than it looks so it fits a lot inside; the straps are super comfortable on your back and this is the one bag that has a few different compartments inside. It has 3 outside pockets and 3 inside ones, which definitely helps keep things organized. The best part? It can transition into a tote bag! I'm currently using this as my work bag and I converted into tote form and I love it! It's so handy and a great bag.
4. Longchamp: This is the one bag I mentioned in my original post and I still stand by. This was my OG school bag in college and my first few years of work. It doesn't get as much love right now but I still have it and refuse to give it away or sell it. It's so versatile, holds so much, and is just a no brainer. I think this is a bag that everyone needs because it's the perfect size, weight, and simplicity that everyone can get use of.
5. Kate Spade: I currently only have one Kate Spade tote in my rotation and it's this one that is no longer available. Kate Spade has SO MANY TOTE bags that are perfect for work and school. A lot of them are not as big as the ones I previously stated, and I recently sold a bag that I once used for work because I found it was just too small. Below are some picks from Kate Spade that I think would work well for work or school.
What are your favorite tote bags for work or school? I'm always up for suggestions!