Starting around when I was 13, till the age of 17, I asked my book loving aunt for a basket of books for Christmas. And every year, I got around 25 books to read for the year... that's how addicted to books I am.
When deciding what I wanted to write about this week leading up to the New Year, I thought I'd do a yearly favorites of my favorite items, so today is books.
This was the year that I decided to stop my silly rule of reading only one book at a time. I always felt that I couldn't focus on more than one book at a time, but this year that went out the window. I listened to one book, read a few physical books, and a few on my Nook. That way, when I didn't feel like one book, I had another I could read.
That got me thinking... I enjoyed and read a lot of books this year and I read a lot of books that I really didn't like, which was kind of a first for me. There were hardly ever books I didn't like!
I thought I'd break down my top 5 favorite books that I read this year. Not all the books were released this year, but it's what I enjoyed this year!
Without further ado... (These books aren't listed in order, expect for the 1st one)
PS: I'm almost not going to go into major detail, as I've written Book Review Wednesdays for every book on the list, that I will link below.
- The Selection Series: This was without a doubt my favorite series of the year. I've been wanting to read The Selection for YEARS, probably ever since it was released but I never got around to it. Finally, I did and I was addicted. I finished reading it within 6 hours... seriously, I stayed up all night to read the entire series and I haven't done something like that since I was 14 years old. It was dramatic, romantic, had a little bit of action, and had a monarchy! It was the Hunger Games meets The Bachelor and I was addicted. Please, read this series. You WILL NOT REGRET IT. Read my entire review here!
- Me Before You: Another book I've been meaning to read and never did. The movie being released is what pushed me to read it and I'm so glad I did. This book was truly a romance story that rivals The Notebook (did I just say that?) but it's true. It was a beautiful, tragic love story & I loved every moment of it. Read my review here.
- The Dollhouse: 2016 was the year of the thriller for me and while this doesn't necessarily fall in that category, it doesn't NOT fall in that category. I loved that it took place in the past and present, and that there were so many twists and turns. It wasn't Gone Girl but it was truly very interesting. Read my review here.
- The Couple Next Door: A true page turner that rivals other suspenseful thrillers. A couple's baby goes missing and no one was in the house expect for them -- you think you know what's going on and then suddenly you don't. It's incredible! Read my full review here.
- All the Missing Girls: So I said this wasn't in order, but I think this is right behind The Selection for my favorite book of the year. I don't know what it was, but it pulled me in. Romance, suspense, family drama... this book had everything. I listened to it on Audible but I honestly may buy it to physically read. Read my full review here.
What were your favorite books of the year?