I really really love alliterations and I always hate just writing "_____ Favorites", so let's call this the Monthly Muse. UGH I love the way that sounds!
Mostly I always write about beauty products because those are the items I always see in monthly roundups and they're the thing I use most during the month. I always try to throw a random non beauty item in there and this month, I have a few. It's definitely a nice change of pace.
This month was wonderful for one reason: my move. I've talked it to death on the blog but I can't help it. It's a huge deal to me. I've shared a room with my sister for 2.5 years, ever since graduating college, and it's been a nightmare. We are polar opposites and it was taking a toll on my sanity, and our relationship. I finally have my own space, that I can decorate as I please and relish in.
I've been so happy pretty much every day since moving because I get to come home to my room. I've always been the type to stay in my room -- my mom used to say that she wouldn't see me for days when I was little because I would just be in my room, content as could be, and entertaining myself. Well, 23 years later and not much has changed.
That brings to me to my favorites:
1. THE MOVE: I love my new house (I still live with my mom and sister) and it's perfect. It's nice and spacious, we all have our own little space, and it just feels like home. There's tons of light and it feels very open and airy. I will post a room tour this week -- the one thing I'm waiting on is my gallery wall and dresser, but I'll address that in the post.
2. iPad Mini: I've definitely mentioned this in my favorites before but I've rediscovered it. That sounds so silly but I go through stages with the things that I enjoy and I decided to remove my iPad from it's case and just hold it as it and I love it so much better. I ordered a sleeve for it, and I just love toting it around with me. I love how tiny it is but how I can actually get stuff done. I'm obsessed!
3. Mercari: I don't think I've ever used an app as much as I've used this. Mercari is a shopping app where you can buy and sell pretty much anything and everything. I've talked about Poshmark in the past but this in my opinion, is better than Poshmark. There are more options for sellers, there's more information needed to sell an item, and the best part? They don't take a commission from your sales. I've purchased a BUNCH of stuff from the app over the past month and I've SOLD even more stuff! Everything I've received is perfect and I haven't had an issue. I know there has been some scandal with this in the past, mostly with fake cosmetics, but if you're a smart buyer, you'll have no issue!
4. Caudalie Beauty Elixir: I was in need of a new refreshing spray and I knew it would be this one. I've been wanting to try it for months so I finally picked it up from Sephora. It has a peppermint scent and feels slightly tingly on the skin. It's perfect for a morning pick me up, or a mid afternoon refresher. I usually use this before my makeup application, as an extra priming step and I just love the way it makes my skin feel.
5. Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer: I received this item in a 500 point perk from Sephora and I'm so glad I did. Laura Mercier is a brand I've been wanting to experiment with for a while and I'm finally getting a feel for her products. This bronzer is the perfect everyday bronzer; it's warm but not orange toned and it doesn't kick up too much product. It distributes the perfect amount of product onto your brush and gives the most gorgeous sunkissed look.
What were your monthly favorites this month?