I'm depressing, aren't I? Such a happy birthday girl I am!
But, as the week went on, I got a little more excited; I got a special, delicious cake & my mom is making my favorite meal: Macaroni Pie.
I guess the reason I'm not that excited for my birthday this year is because I thought 23 was going to be a great year; I had some good feelings at this point last year and honestly, 23 was the worst year of my life.
Because of that, I guess part of me is happy that it's going away, and I much prefer even number ages anyway ;)
24 seems like a big deal -- is that considered mid twenties? I feel like it is, and that's a scary thought. I haven't been shy about my post-college struggles, but I think I finally got the hang of this thing. Yes, I'm still at home, and yes I'm single but my career is pretty good. I know what I like doing, and I love my job. Freelance writing is taking off, and I'm pretty happy with how the blog is going.
|My mood ALWAYS|
I learned a lot this year too... in the words of Kylie Jenner, it was the "year of realizing stuff":
- Say I love you when you mean it: Tell people you love them, because you never know when the last time will be the last time.
- Say what you want: This was the year that I started speaking up a lot more. I am very shy, believe it or not, and I kind of said fuck it, and went with it. I defended my political opinions, and how I feel about certain things from family issues to clothing choices, etc.
- Don't apologize: This goes hand in hand with the previous. I'm the type of person who likes to do what she wants, but I also apologized a lot for the person I am. I don't like to go to bars, and I don't like people telling me what to do with my life. I don't want to feel bad for staying home and organizing makeup instead of being at a crowded bar. If I didn't want to go out, I made excuses, but this year I stopped the bullshit. I'll do what I want, when I want, because it's my life. #SorryNotSorry
- Go after what you want: If you have nothing to lose, go after what you want. I mean, it's your life and things aren't handed to you. Whether in work or love, just do what you want! It is what it is and you have every right.
- Who I want in my life: I was very into energy this year, and getting rid of negative energy. I can be a very pessimistic person, but my bad moods weren't as bad as they have been in past years. I think it was because when I was surrounded by negative energy, I removed myself from it. If someone was annoying me, I just got away from the situation. I don't take as much crap as I used too, and I'm proud of myself for it. I also rekindled friendships this year that mean the world to me, and I'm very grateful for that.
24, please treat me better than 23. It's been a rough year, and honestly, I need some clarity. Just be as good as 20 & 21 were, 24, I am begging you.
Happy Birthday to Me! :)