I've always been into technology, websites, and the internet. Ever since I was a child, I've been very in tune with the internet and how technology worked. It's just something I've had a knack for and I guess it makes sense that I'm in social media and blogging.
I'm just an internet gal: I was one of the first of my friends to have a screenname on AOL, one of the first with Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I know how to fix computers, how to operate social media, and the ins and outs of all things web. I'm not tooting my own horn, just stating facts. I find it interesting and I'm simply obsessed.
All of that being said, I have racked up my fair share of favorites when it comes to tech. I've rounded up my favorite apps before but now I want to go to the other side of the spectrum: websites.
Of course I have my favorite shopping websites, news websites, and informational sites but in this post, I want to talk about sites that combine all of those.
- ShopStyle: If you've ever clicked on a link that I've shared on this blog, you'll know I use the ShopStyle affiliate program. It's such a great little tool for bloggers so if you haven't signed up, Well, did you know that the website attached to the affiliate program can be used by ANYONE? ShopStyle.com is the best shopping website you could ask for. It is basically Google for shopping; all you do is type in what you're looking for and it'll give you that particular product at every retailer. You can get sale alerts on certain designers & items, filter your search by brand, retailer, price, color, etc, and so much more. I was looking for a dress for my cousin's wedding and I used this to find the dress. It was much easier than going onto a bunch of retailers websites to find what you're looking for.
- Elite Daily: I don't have to go into hardcore detail with this one. I'm a contributor to the website and I've loved it for the past 2 years. I think Elite Daily has great advice, makes you think differently, and is kind of like your best friend. It's one of my favorite websites when I just need a little reassurance.
- Refinery29: This is another "news" site but it is SO MUCH MORE than that. It has news, fashion, beauty, opinion pieces, sale alerts... it's pretty much the go-to for anything and everything in the world.
- Levo: This is something else I've talked to death about. I interned here in 2013 and it was amazing. This career website is my go-to whenever I have a career question. It will never let you down in terms of career advice and I'm simply addicted.
- Brit + Co: This is a newer website I've discovered and fallen in love with. It has a lot of design tips, but also takes on a lifestyle feel with career help, beauty, fashion, and all things in between.
As you can tell, I like news sites. I like websites that give me the information I need, the information I want, and the information I didn't even realize I needed or wanted. ShopStyle is definitely the most unique website on the list, and I'm sure there are some that I'm missing but for now, these are my favorites at the moment.
What are your favorite websites? Give me suggestions!