However, in the past few weeks, I've become incredibly lazy in the morning and can barely get out of bed in time to get dressed and make my train. I blame it on it being pitch black at 6 AM and my body still thinks it's the middle of the night.
Because of this, I've been sleeping later and to still be punctual, my makeup routine has been toned down, a lot.
I've also really liked the way my minimal makeup look makes me look! It's delicate and feminine and natural. Sometimes that's the way to go! It's also good to give your skin a break from the heavy makeup once and a while; let it breathe!
I mix and match the products I use because like I said, I have so many, but the look pretty much stays the same.
1. Primer: Primer is always my first step no matter what makeup look I'm going for. I usually stick with a pore filling, silicone based primer or a hydrating primer for a minimal makeup look. I will definitely be leaning more toward the hydrating primer as we get deeper into the cooler weather. My go tos? Benefit's Porefessional or Too Faced Hangover RX. Both are holy grails in my book!
2. Concealer: The secret to getting out the door faster? Using concealer instead of foundation. Concealer is my favorite makeup product and I have so many but at the moment, my favorite is the Benefit Boing Concealer. I have this little compact that is half Boing and half Eye Bright. I apply Boing under my eyes, blend out, and set with a powder.
To cover blemishes, I use my trusty Maybelline stick concealer. It's the best blemish concealer I've ever used and I always go back to it.
3. Powder Foundation: This is my other trick... if you need some extra coverage aside from concealer, but not enough time to blend liquid foundation, use powder foundation. I love sweeping my favorite powder foundations from Pur Minerals or Too Faced. I love how powder foundation can give me an airbrushed finish. It's perfect for any daytime look.
4. Blush: When I'm in a rush, I usually skip bronzer & highlight but will always add a hint of blush to my cheeks to give some life & color to my face. This Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Love Hangover is such a great everyday, pinky/peach color. They last forever on the skin and make me look alive at 6 AM.
5. Eyeliner: I have gone through phases where I constantly wear eyeliner and when I never wear eyeliner. I went through my no eyeliner phase this summer but it's back with a vengeance. I love wearing my CoverGirl Intensify Me Liquid Liner for a subtle touch.
6. Mascara: Mascara is always a must for me. It opens up your eyes and makes you look more awake. If I apply any makeup product before leaving the house, no matter where I'm going, it's mascara. My two favorites at the moment? IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes & Too Faced Better Than Sex.
7. Brows: Brows are also another thing I never leave the house without. Well groomed, tamed, and filled in brows frame the face and make your entire look feel pulled together. My favorite quick product for the days when I'm in a rush is Benefit's Gimme Brow, a tinted brow mascara that does everything you need it too.
8. Lip: A lip color is something else I always make sure I have. Whether I apply it before I leave the house or apply it at work (since I do work at a makeup company, I have an endless supply of lip products at my desk). Some days I just want a gloss, other days I'll stick to a bolder lip... it depends on my mood!
It seems like a lot but in reality, this takes me less than 10 minutes and is a great, natural look for school, work, or just running errands.
What is your go-to makeup routine for when you're running out of the house in a hurry? What product can't you EVER leave the house without?