I've been a subscriber of Birchbox ever since I started this blog, so a little over three years. I stopped subscriptions in-between because I was a broke college student at one point, but I've loved Birchbox every step of the way.
It really has opened so many doors for me in terms of make-up and I've learned about so many brands & products that I now know and love. It's been awesome to try new products every month and then have the chance to buy the full size, using discount codes & points in the Birchbox Shop.
Three years, countless boxes, and more beauty samples than I could count, you could imagine how many samples I've accumulated and how much I actually have tried.
I've had this type of post written down in my notes for a while and after hitting the 3 year mark (give or take a few boxes), I thought it would be a great idea to do now!
There have been products I've received in Birchboxes that I love, some I've hated, and some I just didn't have an opinion on.
Some of these products are from my first Birchboxes and are long gone, but I haven't forgotten how much I loved them, and some are newer products that I've fallen in love with.
1. Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion: I have major eye issues, from dryness to puffiness to allergies, I'm a mess. When I saw I was getting this "soothing" lotion in my April 2015 Birchbox (which was a Mad Men Inspired Box) I was thrilled. It's a great size sample and it's more liquid than lotion. It has a very subtle cooling effect and really soothes my eyes in the morning. I definitely notice a difference when I use this and I may just buy the full size when I run out!
2. theBalm Read My Lips Lip-gloss: This is the lip-gloss that converted me into loving lip gloss. I realized that companies were making lip gloss less sticky and more nourishing and pigmented. Since receiving this in my February 2015 Birchbox, I've worn this more than I could ever imagine and it's become a staple in my beauty routine. It gives the nicest wash of color and doesn't feel sticky at all. I will definitely buy the full size (and in more colors) once I use this up.
3. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: Okay, so until I was writing this post, I thought this product was like over $50 but it's only $32 and I may have to buy it. This was one sample I didn't want to end. It's a rough exfoliate cleanser but leaves your skin super soft and smooth. It's an odd consistency because it feels like sand and then you add water to it and it becomes a foam. I'm just realizing how much I miss it and I need it back now!
4. Tocca Crema de Mano Luxe Hand Cream: I received this lotion in the same box as the Suki Exfoliate and it's still going strong. I now keep it at work and I'm obsessed. I used it sparingly because I wanted it to last and I know I will have to buy a full size soon. It's the perfect consistency for an everyday hand lotion, not too greasy, not too heavy, it's very light and airy. It also has the most incredible scent. I have the scent Bianca which is green tea & lemon, but I'm tempted to try out a different one next time. UGH give me it now!
5. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: It's time to throw it back to my April 2013 box and this little devil. It was a small tube from what I remember but I used the entire thing up. This was when I was kind of clueless on the beauty front but I loved the glow this product gave my skin. With a $40 price tag, I'm going to have to build up to buying this again but I know the Jouer tints (luminizing or matte) are worth it!
6. Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum: I received this in my March 2013 box and I still have it. It's on its last leg and I have to fight with the packaging to get a little bit out. This really works. I swear to God, it works. It clears up my blemishes instantly and has been my go to for the past two years. I will 100% need a full size when this runs out for good.
7. theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer: I didn't realize what this product really was until I started watching Youtube and everyone was gushing over it. It is definitely a cult classic highlight in the beauty world and I still have my baby sample. It is just so intense but yet subtle if you use a light hand. It gives off a gorgeous glow and makes your skin look amazing.
8. Skin, An Apothecary Soy Body Whip: OMG. This may be my favorite sample ever. It is a rich, nourishing body butter that makes your skin feel so nice. It smells incredible and isn't too greasy. It is one of the most perfect body butters/lotions/whips I've ever tried and I know I still have it floating around somewhere!
I definitely have a few more products that were my favorites but these are definitely my top 8!
What products have you discovered from your Birchbox or other beauty subscription services?